Friday, January 06, 2006

Hi ho hi ho; to Akron U we go!

The entire day was spent at the University of Akron for orientation with my stepson. We had a great day. It's been 12 years since I graduated and they've done hundreds of millions of dollars worth of improvements to the campus. We spent about half the day in a new hall. The student center was completely redone - hardly recognizable to me. And no more standing in long lines - once you know what you're doing, everything is online! You can even order your textbooks online and have them delivered. We got a lot done - picked up a $110 parking pass; checked out the bookstore; signed up for classes and all the other orientation stuff. Makes me want to go back to school. Or at least work at a university so the kids could go to school for free. AND I could go back to school!

No comments: