Thursday, May 01, 2008

Meatloaf

The best meatloaf I've had is my mother-in-law's.  The recipe survived on a post-it note for about three years.  It is no longer in my recipe folder since how easy would it be to lose a 2 x 3 post-it?  For about one or two meatloaf meals, I went by memory which created somewhat non-standard results.  So I finally requested she email me the recipe again, which she promptly did and here it is!  I usually double it since the male species in my household has a nice sized meatloaf appetite.

Meatloaf with Piquant Sauce

2/3 c. dry breadcrumbs

1 c. milk

1 1/2 lb. ground beef

2 eggs, beaten

1/4 c. grated onion

1 t. salt

1/8 t. pepper

1/2 t. sage

Piquant Sauce

3 T. brown sugar

1/4 c. catsup

1/4 t. nutmeg

Mix meatloaf ingredients, then place piquant sauce on top.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments: