Friday, December 16, 2005

Holiday Blues

I've been feeling quite blue lately. No motivation to do much of anything, which means the house is messy, dinner is whatever can be heated up and naps are in abundance. I keep going over accomplishments that are being made - some Christmas shopping done, grocery shopping, conferences at school, work, dog to the vet, mammogram and making the bed every morning. There's probably more, but you get the idea. So even though I feel as if I'm dragging along, things are managing to get done. A visit to the beauty shop for a cut and color resulted in complements from husband and step-son! My son is on break for two weeks, so a few less things to do there. My strategy for coping is reducing stress as much as possible, calling the psychiatrist (who increased one med) and waiting patiently to feel better. I think it's starting to work.

No comments: