Monday, October 31, 2005

Falling Up

Normally, this time of year is a downer for me. As soon as the days start getting shorter, the seasonal affective disorder kicks in. But this is the second year - maybe even the third - that I've felt great. My husband and I went to a bed and breakfast in Madison, Ohio. We went to a winery Saturday night and a tavern on Sunday, spending some good together time together. My life, my mental state, my marriage all seem surreal to me when compared to my past life. I can remember walking at lunchtime when the trees were brilliantly colored, the sun shining and thinking what a beautiful day and feeling worse than dead inside. What a very long way it has been. The secret is perseverance - never, ever give up or give in. Gratitude goes through me like waves. My life is more than I could have imagined and the reason it happened this way is my husband. God must have answered not only my prayers, but all the prayers of all my friends and family when he brought us together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a wonderful husband... make sure to try to grant him his every wish ... within reason...